AC residenceClean-up crews were called to the Algonquin College residence on Saturday morning to address a mess on the third floor involving a discharged fire extinguisher.

The reason for the discharge is yet to be determined.

The Algonquin Residence Twitter account put up a post addressing the situation shortly after it happened. Students were instructed to avoid taking the front elevator and the stairwell leading to the H-building, and if exit was necessary, to cover their noses and call the Front Desk for a mask.

According to the manufacturer’s website, the dry powder found in a fire extinguisher is non-toxic but can cause skin irritation.